Thursday, August 19, 2010

This past weeks highlights

So many things have "moved" me in postive ways this past week. Joe and I went to see his uncle play in Hunt Valley and his band was really awesome! Joe's friends ended up showing up and we were so surprised. The one wife I hadn't met before told Joe that she thought I was really beautiful. Wow, that was so nice to hear from someone I had just met. Joe tells me all the time, but I am too hard on myself and as positive as I try to be, I don't walk around thinking I am hot stuff. Then it was off to my co-workers wedding on Monday. It was really nice and she looked absolutely radiant. I started tearing up because I remember how happy I felt on our wedding day and how powerful the vows really are. This isn't just a pretty ceremony, this is the rest of your life! But my favorite part was when my very cute and funny co-worker Darlene pointed out that Joe and I have the same kind of personality, which is what my sister said when she first met Joe too. And then she said, "that is so special and your love will last forever" and I really love to hear that other people see what we have and how awesome it really is.
# 3 moving experience came yesterday when my friend from Tai Sophia posted a video of a young man in China who had lost both his arms in an electrical accident and plays the piano beautifully with his...FEET!! WOW! I always used to joke that with my long finger toes that I could type and play the piano, but I, in fact, can not do either of those things. This was so inspiring and I reminded myself that I should be SO GRATEFUL for everything I have. Not just my arms, but everything, my sight (i work with two ladies who are blind so I am reminded of this daily) my hearing, my mind, my love, my friends and family. Everything.
But then came last night, the pms monster came out and I screamed and kicked and cried like a spoiled child because of the continued computer issues and my frustrations about us being able to buy a house before I get pregnant. Same problems different day. I forgot last night to be grateful and enjoy my last night with my husband before he left for 3 nights. Which I am also a huge whiny cry baby about. I lived alone for a long time and now I can't even make it a few nights by myself? When did that happen?
I need to remember what I learned from the book A New Earth and its basically this simple: life and the world are indeed insane and chaotic and I can't control them. Be present in the moment and enjoy it before its gone. And be grateful, so grateful for all of my countless blessings. Sometimes I need to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment