Saturday, October 30, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 26

Day 26 - What do you think of your friends?


I think my friends are spectacular, funny, interesting, supportive, loving, kind, generous and overall awesome. I really depended on my friends growing up, probably because there was such a huge age gap between me and my sisters. I am 7 years younger than my middle sister and 9 years younger than my older sister so when they got older they started playing with me less and less. I needed to have some friends around who were my age to relate to, have fun with and to turn to. Then when these two sisters turned 18 they moved out and I was basically an only child. I had great friends in elementary school, some of them I am still good friends with now. One of my favorite memories of that time in my life was Outdoor Ed. We had so much fun!! Like it says in the end of "Stand By Me" - " I have never had better friends than the ones I had when I was twelve - Jesus, does anyone? This really applies to my life because Outdoor Ed was when I really became close with my best freind Niccole , who died a few years later when she was only 14. I loved her so much and it hurt so much to lose her.  I have gone through the worst and best times of my life with my friends. They make me smile, make me laugh, give me some incredible people to love. They remind me that I am not alone. As we have grown older, we may not see each other as often, we have jobs and responsibilities but no matter how much I have to do or how busy I am, I think about my friends all the time and I love them just as much as I always have. Thank you to my friends for being so wonderful and living this life loving each other through it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment