Friday, October 8, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 4

Day 4 - A habit that you wish you didn't have

Ok, this is hard because I have to admit to things that I don't like about myself.  I really don't want to share things about myself that are unbecoming and not so pleasant. I have a lot of habits that I wish I didn't have. The one that has recently been bothering me lately is the fact that I constantly bite my lower lip. It has become a major issue because if I have been doing it for some time, then my tooth that is now longer my tooth but an awful, terrible crown starts really hurting for some reason. I don't know what one has to do with the other but I know that I need to stop biting and I can't seem to stop. I do it when I am concentrating at work or I am contemplating some big issue in my head, I do it in traffic, I do it while watching tv, by now you are seeing that I do it everywhere and all the time. If I catch myself doing it, I try to make myself stop but its hard. I think it stems from my extremely out of control oral fixation. I sucked my thumb until I was waaay too old to be doing it. Then I would call my best friend on the phone and ask her if she ever sucked her thumb in secret when no one was looking and she admited that she too was sucking away in secrecy! I don't know how old we were but we were waaay too old to be sucking our darn thumb! Probably like between 10 or 11!! Wow yeah and then as I got older I started the filthy, nasty and disgusting habit of smoking cigarettes. I am still so proud of myself for quitting back in 2007. But I am a worrier and a "thinker" and yes, a lot of times an obsess-er so I think the lip biting just falls in the same category as all of these other oral fixation habits.
About the smoking, I can't believe that now I am so repulsed by other people who are smoking around me. It wasn't that long ago that I was one of them! But when I am in my car, even with the windows up, if someone is smoking right next to me it makes its smelly, evil way inside my car and I am immediately annoyed and repulsed and I have roll the window down. And as for our DIRTY HAMSTER neighbor who was outside AGAIN all night talking on the freaking phone, her cigarette butts all over her front walk way are just trashy and gross and how can she live with it like that. She paid a lot of money to have people come out and landscape her front yard and side yard. She leaves dozens of cigarette butts all over the place and when restaurants or political people or whoever leave stuff on her door she doesn't touch it and it ends up in the plants in her front yard and then it gets soggy and looks nasty and terrible. And the freaking paper! She lets that sit there all week wet and rotting on her front steps. WHY??? Clean your nasty stuff up!! And get off your damn cell phone please!!! You are driving me NUTS you dirty, filthy hamster!! ( thanks to Mike, the Situation for coining the phrase dirty hamster for its perfect and so fitting!)
So this post has turned into a rant about other people's nasty habits and how they make me crazy, but I need to stop the lip biting once and for all. I think I am getting the urge right now to start chewing away. Gross. Help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment