Friday, December 10, 2010

The BEST of the best of Christmas!

Ok so the last post was a little on the NEGATIVE side and I apologize, maybe it was the frenzied feeling of Thanksgiving, and then Chanukah on Dec. 1st and then the Christmas rush to follow. This post is dedicated to all of my favorite things about Christmas, past and present. I hope that you see some things that you also love and if for any reason you haven't seen one of the movies please see it this year!!

FAVORITE HEART WARMING CHRISTMAS MOVIE OR SPECIAL
1) A Charlie Brown Christmas
2) Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the CARTOON!)
3) The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (1986)
4) Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
5) Frosty The Snowman
6) The Polar Express

 
FAVORITE FUNNY (perhaps more realistic) CHRISTMAS MOVIES
1) A Christmas Story
2) Home for the Holidays
3) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONGS
1) Little Drummer Boy
2) Christmas Song - Nat King Cole (has to be him!)
3) Christmas Song - Dave Matthews - makes me cry every time!
4) Have Yourself a Merry little Christmas

FAVORITE RELIGIOUS CHRISTMAS SONGS
1) Oh Holy Night
2) Silent Night

I am reminded often by my sister that every Christmas time I would play the "Chipmunks Christmas" record over and over and sit and read along in the book. The high pitched Chipmunk singing (along with me singing off key on top of that!) really drove my sisters and my parents crazy every Christmas (sorry guys!). It was such a nice story though!!  I ABSOULTELY ADORED my records with the books when I was little. I had all the Disney classics like Cinderella, Snow White, Jungle Book, Its A Small World, Robin Hood  and I had Pete's Dragon, Benji, Annie (my obsession!). These albums/books were so important to me and so loved. I would spend hours with them. And these are treasures you really can't find any more. I wish I could pass them along to my kids. I still have a few of them, they are worn and the pages are falling out. I will also need to get a record player. Ahh the 80s. What a magical time to be a kid!!! How lucky I was! :)
I much more postive MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!! And a HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Happy Holidays everyone. Love to you and yours!






No comments:

Post a Comment