Thursday, December 30, 2010

Random Thursday Thoughts and Happy New Years Eve!

I have seen other bloggers writing Random Thursday Thought blogs and I thought today would be a perfect time to try one out. I am looking forward to sipping champagne with my cute husband tomorrow and hope everyone has a rocking out, fantastic, fun but safe New Years Eve!

1) I saw a brief end of "Johnny Bravo Christmas" episode that was pretty hilarious. I am not sure what exactly was going on but it was like a weird dream and it had Donny Osmond in it and at one point an old man (don't know what character) turned to Donny Osmond and said, "You're really conceited" or something funny like that. Johnny Bravo is funny and cute and when I started dating my husband we would joke around about the cartoon and how his says, "Hey Mama" which Joe used to say to me.

2) I also saw a brief ending of an old Power Puff Girls episode over the Christmas holiday week. I loved the Power Puff Girls, what a cute and funny way and might I add EMPOWERING cartoon for girls! Girls who kick ass and are heroes! That is what I like to see, we need more examples of that for girls in this sexist, not-giving-women-the ultimate respect and praise and glory that we deserve!! Girl POWER! Yeah!

3) I spotted a "More Cowbell" picture/flag outside of one of my co-worker's cubicles this morning. I was so excited to see that someone here has a similar sense of humor as me and likes that skit as much as I do. The whole skit is pure comic genius. You have got Will Ferrel with the insane hair and very tight pants banging away on the cowbell, while Christopher Walken says, "I have got a fever and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!" One of my favorite SNL skits EVER!

4) I look forward to having some delicious champagne tomorrow night. I really just like watching the bubbles and tasting them. Champagne is a silly kind of buzz, its different from wine or beer or the hard stuff. New Years is another overrated holiday. People always feel so much pressure to have some fun and exciting plans and places charge ridiculous amounts of money just to get a table. And the Rocking New Year's Eve Specials are always weird and have crappy people you don't want to see like Ryan Seacreast, Carson Daily and musical people that I could definitely do without like the Black Eyed Peas, Ke$ha or please don't even think it....Justin Bieber! Help us please! And I won't even mention how horrified I felt when they put Dick Clark back on tv a few years ago when he was still recovering from his stroke! I felt so uncomfortable and bad for him. Sometimes you have to know when to let go I think. I know I always have a great time being with my favorite person in the universe, that gorgeous main squeeze of mine.

5) Apparently EVERYONE takes off the last couple of weeks of the year. I have flown to work with no traffic all week. I wish I had so much leave saved up that I could take 2 weeks off too, but I am starting over from scratch and need to bulid up my leave. This no traffic week has made me realize that I could make it here in 30 to 40 minutes and there is a world without constant road rage. I am in for a rude awakening come next week!!

Happy New Year Everyone! I know I have SO many blessings to count and SO much to be so GRATEFUL for!!! Cheers to a great 2011 and I love my readers, I hope I can provide you with funny stories in this new year. Thank you to you for reading, commenting and sharing in this little world of mine. You rock socks!!






1 comment: