Monday, January 31, 2011

Bring the FUNNY!

"Bring it" "Oh its already  been BROUGHHTTEENN" - Quote from "Bring It On"
On Saturday I was doing my usual glamorous weekend activities, doing laundry, running erands and cleaning when I came across Stand Up Showdown 2011 on Comedy Central. As you may have figured out I love all things funny, especially comedians. I have been told all my life that I should do stand up. I am pretty funny in person, a lot of silly physical comedy accompanied with crazy faces and lots of loud screaming. Being funny, watching other funny people its one of my favorite things
So I immediately recognized the first comedian Myq Kaplan, from Last Comic Standing and I knew I liked him so I started watching. They had so many funny comedians on that day, most I have seen before, some I have only seen on their sitcoms like Donald Glover who is on that NBC show "Community". These comedians weren't just silly they also had smart writing and timing, really original material and delivery. After the severe pms that I have been suffering for over a week, this was just want I needed. Some of my favorites were Myq Kaplan, Tommy Johnagin, Amy Schumer, Donald Glover and my favorite comedian of the day, Red Grant. My husband and I first saw Red Grant a few years ago, and the first time we saw him we laughed so hard. This time may have been even funnier, I was laughing so hard the entire set. He is hysterical! Love him! So if you would like to check out these comedians on you tube or on Comedy Central I highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed!
I have decided to start doing movie reviews and book reviews as part of my blog and I will also continue to recommend great comics because it is one of my biggest passions. And who couldn't use a good laugh?


Red Grant

                                                                      Myq Kaplan
                                                                      Amy Schumer
                                                              Donald Glover
                                                        Tommy Johnagin

3 comments:

  1. Living over here in England, I'm afraid that I haven't heard of any of these comedians. However, if they gave you a good laugh, then I'm sure they must be funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say the same as Thisisme...us Brits have different comedians!
    There is something on my blog for you - don't get too excited it is just a bit of fun.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I need a good laugh, I often check out Dave Chappelle and Russel Peters. They almost always crack me up.

    ReplyDelete