Monday, January 24, 2011

Cramped but Delightful

Over the weekend, Joe and I enjoyed our Date Night Out Part 2: The Free Feast. We were given a lovely prize at our favorite restaurant in good old Colum-bubble, the Iron Bridge Wine Company. Joe told me that he made the reservations for 6:30 and that they were booked up, I told him that I would rather not go when it is super crowded but he insisted that he didn't want to wait another week so I agreed. It was also one of the coldest nights of the year, I think it was 15 degreees out. Colder than a witches teet as they say. It was the kind of cold that paralyzes your muscles and is just down right painful. I hate the cold! But inside the restaurant it was toasty warm and well we were very close to one another! They have a long table in the middle of the dining room where they seat everyone together. It would be okay except that I am one of those claustrophobic people who needs a lot of room to feel comfortable and if I am enjoying a romantic date with my husband I want to be able to relax and have fun. So we are sitting there very close to other people and I wonder how our server is going to give us all this free food but our server pulled it off beautifully. The coat rack was piled so high we decided to sit on our coats which proved to be quite hard since the inside of my coat is slippery material so I had to try to sit very still not to slip off and take out a waiter with a full tray of food behind me. The funniest and cutest part of the entire evening was during dessert. Joe ordered the espresso torte with fresh raspberries and raspberry sauce. This place is very gourmet and everything was absolutely incredible. It was a tastebud-orgasm extravaganza!!! I looked over at my cute pie husband and saw that then entire bottom of his goatee was covered in whipped cream! I couldn't help but to burst out laughing! He furiously tried to get it off but it was still there! What an adorable guy I have!
It was nice because I always feel like we are still dating, I am sure other people thought we had just starting dating the way we were laughing, smiling, kissing, but we have been married over a year and have been together four years on Friday. I love you more and more my dear. You making loving so fun!!
This story has also reminded me of a very funny story from my past so that will proably be my next post. I look forward to sharing it with you.

7 comments:

  1. what a nice story, you two little love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherilin! Then today I saw your post We make love fun - reminded me of us -so funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that might be the stupidest post i've ever written. i should totally delete it. cuz who thinks that farting into their beloved's hiney is good reading fodder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno Sherilin, sounds pretty funny, but that's just me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sherilin - don't delete it, I loved it, you are always funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww that is such a lovely post... makes me want a date night with my better half!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww how sweet. My hubby and I are like that to. We go on date nights regularly. We will be married two years in march.

    ReplyDelete