Thursday, February 3, 2011

5 Things I Can't Leave the House Without!

My friend over at http://www.deviledmegs.com/ totally tagged me a few days ago and now I am returning the favor and telling all of my readers ( loving the new ones!) 5 things that I can't leave the house without!

1) Obviously my wallet, but though it is packed to the brim with cards that I don't even use ( haven't been to Blockbuster in years!) my precious ATM Card. I hardly ever have cash these days, I mean who does? Where I work, though, we have a cafe that you can get a sandwich or some hot food or a salad and they only take Cash. So everyone is forced to use the ATM, which is so annoying and expensive! I hate that! There aren't any of my bank's ATMs really close to my house, so this cash problem is always a bit ridiculous! So after that long explanation, I use that magical card to buy everything else, gas, Mall items, online shopping, Starbucks stops, you name it, it goes on the card. I am very, VERY proud to say that I haven't used my credit card in who knows how long since I trying to pay off all of my debt.
2) My BAG! My husband said there was an older lady in his office that would yell out "My bag!" sometimes instead of "My bad!" hahahaha!! Uh oh...that is a SLANG BLUNDER if I have ever heard of one! Too funny! I just got a new Vera Bradley bag I would love to show off! I am not a trendy girl or even a girly girl. I am not into fashion or frills. I am pretty much a tom boy. However, I admired other ladies with these cute quilted bags and asked a friend what they were called. I ordered my first one and I really like it, it has great pockets and they are really comfortable and soft. They are of course waaaay over priced so I only get them when there is a sale.


3) My Chapstick!! I can't bear to be without the precious tube! I recently ran out of my precious Strawberry, which is IMPOSSIBLE to find so if you see one let me know. I have two in my bag right now, the Classic regular flavor and the Classic Cherry. In this brutal cold winter months, my lips need constant nourishment! Sometimes I will be upstairs and have to get up out of bed to go all the way downstairs just to put some on and get some relief from that awful chapped feeling.





4) Aqua!! I try not to buy water because I don't want to further pollute the world with harmful plastic bottles but on the weekends I do often purchase a Smart Water or two. I love this water, it has added electrolytes and I HONESTLY and truly feel better after I drink the entire thing! I then use the bottles to take my Britta water with me to work.



5) My book! Which I know I just plugged in my other post today about Chinese New Year, but its so good and you have to read it! The book is called "Girl in Translation" by Jean Kwok and the next book I am going to read is called "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett which I have heard is absoultely incredible! I hope so! I love getting sucked into other worlds where my imagination can run free and keep the pages turning! As previously promised, I am going to try to start reviewing movies and books for some of my posts. I am a little worried about giving too much away or spoiling it for people who haven't read them/seen them yet.



Now I will tag other friendly blog ladies so they can share their 5 things too:
http://drawntocreate.blogspot.com/
http://nonadventuresofagaygirl.blogspot.com/
http://pureandsimpletruth26.blogspot.com/
http://southhamsdarling.blogspot.com/
http://wendy-ericgunderson.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. Eeeek! I was quietly reading and enjoying your post and then my blog name suddenly jumped out at me! Eeeek again! Your list was certainly interesting, and I will prepare my own list. Thanks for giving me a shout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny, with your Eeeks! You're welcome and I look forward to reading your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the chapstick. I've recently discovered Burt's Bees and I honestly don't know how I've managed to survive so long without it. That stuff is magical!

    Thanks for the tag! I'll try and get to this ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jess, Burt's Bees is the best, it is in fact the Bees Knees! Haha! Wow that was a terrible AND corny pun! Have you tried the Milk and Honey Lotion -soooo good! I look forward to your list too! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like you, Im not really into brands but I was loving my Chanel bag until the lining fell apart in it :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not into brands either all that matters is that I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah--that smart water is tasty! I think they purposely make Wal of Evil HOTTER and DRYER than any other store, so I was forced to buy myself a water BEFORE I DIED. Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that the kids are all grown up I only take my Vera Bradley key chain with the zippered id pouch (for license and debit card) and my cell. Life is so much easier these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Alittlesprite, I know who needs brands, I like things that work well and that is all!
    @Ruth - me too, for sure

    @Karen - I know (hate on Walmart) and you're funny,
    @EmptyNester - I look forward to those days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. neat post....I have seen tons of "tags" before, but not one like this. I'll have to try and do it when I get home (leaving back to Canada tomorrow)

    have you tried Burts Bees chapstick...they make it now with color tints and I love LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Wendy! I have tried Burts Bees Chapstick I will have to get some more and also their Milk and Honey Hand Lotion - its smells so good I want to eat it but of course I can't! Hee hee

    ReplyDelete