Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blog Wars and New Followers

Hey Everyone this will be a short one before my big Valentine's Day post and ode to all that is love and romance. I was so excited yesterday to debut my entry to Average Girl's Battle of the Blogs 2. I loved reading all the comments on our posts, even the people who voted for my opponent. It was all in good fun and it was NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. But of course, people have to find a way to spoil it, ruin it and be offended. Average Girl was doing a really cool and interesting thing. She was allowing all of us an opportunity to meet up on her blog and have fun while getting exposure and hopefully making a few new friends in the process. I am so sorry that people sent her email complaining about it and that all the future "battles" didn't get a chance to be published on her blog. I completely understand why she would feel dissapointed and exasperated! You try to do something cool and fun and people come along and have to tell you there is something wrong with it. Well to all of those people I say, Lighten Up please!! Have a sense of humor, you will be a much happier human being. I was really proud of my post and looked forward to gaining some new followers. Well that DID HAPPEN!!! Yay!! I am up to 37 now!! YES!! So excited!

A huge THANK YOU and PLUG to all my new readers:
Thanks to RawknRobyn over at http://rawknrobyn.blogspot.com/
Thanks to Mynx over at http://just-tish.blogspot.com/
Thanks to Bruce over at http://bruceejohnsonjadip.blogspot.com/
Thanks to Katshide over at http://katsidhe.blogspot.com/

Please check out their blogs and follow them cause they are awesome and we could all use a little more encouragement and love

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all my new followers and I will work hard every day to Bring the Funny and make my blog as interesting and informative as possible.
As the husband and I always say, "You guys ROCK SOCKS!"

11 comments:

  1. Yeah...that whole people getting upset at Average Girl's blog made absolutely no sense to me! I think she tries really hard to make her blog interactive, fun and inclusive. I thought your guest post was hilarious, btw. People need to learn how to chill. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better Jess, I completely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad she changed her mind! and i'm glad you got some new followers out of the whole thing. you done good, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Me too! I am very happy, Thanks Sherilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people make me so cross! I'm really glad you got your new followers in the end. Honestly, get a life some people - life is too short!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know but Average Girl decided to keep it going so I am glad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy she decided to go through with it. No sense letting a few knuckleheads pee in your cornflakes (ewww, now THERE'S a disturbing image).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, thank you for the shoutout, sweetie~

    I'm so glad that AG told the haters to suck it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. and that, al, is why i don't eat cornflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so wrong. It is her blog and y'all had the choice to be apart of it.

    ReplyDelete