Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Humps and a Bump!

Does anyone remember that really crazy, funny MC Hammer song called Pumps and A Bump?? Well I sure do, I was a Pom Pon in highschool, which for those of you who don't know is basically the dance team, we would perform at half time during the football and basketball games, and we did a routine to this funky jam! Haha, wow that was such a long time ago.
Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Jy-whkzTw

So this is going to be a Humps and a Bump post for Hump day, instead of complaining like I did in the last post, "A Case of the Muunnnndaaaays" I will focus my attention on things that are making me happy in this one.

1) Pink's New Song/Video, "Perfect" - I love Pink. I don't love all her songs, but I really love her as an artist over all. She is pretty kick ass. She has come out with some songs and videos that I really like. I loved that performance she does for the song "Glitter in the Air" where she is up on the silks spinning around, I will include that one too. This past weekend, I saw her new video for the song "Perfect". I really dig it, I am someone who has struggled with anger, depression and low-self esteem growing up. I know that it may come as a surprise to those of you that don't know me because I try to be positive and funny as much as I can but I have my vices and issues just like we all do. I really like this video and its message so much. So please give it a try with an open mind, if you aren't a Pink fan.

Pink's "Glitter in the Air" Grammy Performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ur-cpeNnwI

Pink's "F**kin' Perfect"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Rax2PXiWA

I love that the girl cuts all her hair off (I have done that) and that she is an artist like me and at the end how she is telling her own daughter that she thinks that she is perfect. It breaks my heart and I so get it, so yay Pink you are the best, thanks for being who you are. And Pink is very pregnant right now with her first child, as I hope to be very soon too, so I wish her all the best!!


2) The Spring-like Warmer Weather - Today it will be going up to 54 I think, tomorrow 60 and Friday I think will be up to 66 or 67!! For the middle of February that is fan-freaking-tastic!! Last year we were pummeled and traumatized with blizzard after blizzard during February and it was UGLY. I don't know how we made it thorough with our sanity, but the end of this week is going to be fabulous! I can't believe they are actually talking about freezing rain on Monday and snow next Tuesday, I will have to worry about that possiblity next week and enjoy the warmth and sunshine now, while I can!!

3) Getting out early and 3 day weekend! We got an email from our "leader" that informed us that since we have raised so much for chairty this year, over $70,000, so proud of us, we are getting a gift of being able to leave 2 hours early on Friday. This is terrific since its also a 3 day weekend because of President's Day on Monday and also the real treat my baby's birthday also on Monday, meaning its Joe's birthday weekend! Celebrate good times Yahooo!! I am going to Georgetown Cupcakes ( from the show DC cupcakes on TLC) and get 6 delicious treats instead of getting him a cake. If any of you reading this have a favorite that you would like to recommend please do!! I am also taking recommendations tomorrow on my facebook page. I have heard the Red Velvet and Key Lime Pie are two of the best, but since I have only had one from there, I don't know which ones to choose.



4) Getting My Hair Did! I am going back to my new salon, Victoria Albert Salon on Saturday, so there is their plug, even though most of you don't live in the Maryland area. I love going to get my hair "did" and they are so nice and when you get a shampoo there they have the chairs that massage you, ooh I love that. I know I have talked about them before. I will try to include a picture later in the week if I have time. I wish I could do my hair the way she does it and believe me, I have tried, I went out and bought the round brush like she uses and got a much nicer, fancier hair dryer but I just don't have those hair skills, so I will leave it up to the professionals.

5) Raising Hope: This is a new show that Joe and I think is pretty hilarious. The entire story is wacky and insane much like other Greg Garcia shows (he made My Name is Earl). The baby girl, Hope couldn't be cuter and it makes me want a baby even more than I already do! The show is really creative and original and I love how the Mom is played by Martha Plimpton who was in Goonies, she is so funny and the grandma who is senial is played by Cloris Leachman, there is always a hilarious situation surrounding her going in and out of being lucid and then back to outer space. There is an actress from the show The Riches which I also loved. So if you haven't given this a try, yet, I think you should. Its on Fox, on Tuesday night at 9 pm.





So I hope everyone's week is going great. I really love all my newest followers and I appreciate you all so much!! Thank you for reading and commenting, I try to keep up with reading everyone's blogs too and even if I don't comment I probably read it. So a big blogger hug to all of you guys and ladies that make this so much fun for me!

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely cheerful post...I am a big Pink fan too but don't tell anyone as I'm supposed to be too old to like her.
    It's always hard to get round to everyone's blogs...I always seem to be behind.
    Have a fun filled week.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give raising hope a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Carol - thanks, you are never to old to like anything!!
    @George - yeah you should its crazy off the wall comedy, I love the shows like this about families who are poor and wacky - I relate so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and George thanks for following I will of course do a thank you and shout out to you on my next post, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard having hair did before. Everyone around here says done.
    Interesting how different parts of the country say the same thing differently.
    I wondered if Raising Hope was any good. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ruth - haha, "getting your hair did" is a funny, ghetto-slang thing to say. I am definitely a product of the DC-Baltimore area :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raising Hope is hysterical!
    Looking forward to the gorgeous weather on Friday. I plan on draining my hot tub. Due to a not very dedicated application of chemicals this winter, the water kinda smells like feet. And I'm thinking that's not good for a soothing soak.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Al! I am glad someone else likes Raising Hope, its very funny. I am so jealous that you have a hot tub! ENJOY IT, well first make it not smell like feet, then enjoy away haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Pink!!!!! All of it, always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am jealous of the massaging chairs. I get excited just about the head massage I get when my hair is washed.

    ReplyDelete