Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Your Kiss is on my List

...With the best things in life"!! - I am such a sucker for Hall & Oats, a true child of the 80s! Well here it finally is my Valentine's Day celebratory post! I have waited for this day and even though it isn't until next Monday, I can't wait until then! I even changed my blog's Design template to be pink in honor of this day. I put out a pretty red table cloth. I bought my husband lots of gifts and spent a very long time reading every Valentine's Day husband card there was at the store before choosing "the perfect" one. Yes, this may be a silly Hallmark holiday, but I love it. Its a day to celebrate love, not just romantic love, love for your friends and family too. I loved it when I was a kid and we would make our little Valentine mailbox to receive all the little Barbie, Transformer, Care Bear, Strawberry Shortcake Valentines from everyone in your class. And a holiday where the main focus is on chocolate and flowers, how could that be a bad thing??

I have been listening lately to the soundtrack to Romeo and Juliet (the Leo Dicaprio & Clare Danes one) and so I will include a picture from that movie. I know that its a tragedy and it makes everyone so sad when they both off themselves in the end, but I love it for its beautiful poetry and its unbridled passion! The passion! That is what I think we all want in our love lives.

Here is a little quote from the famous play:
"When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun." ~ William Shakespeare

I absolutely LOVE the band Train so much and every time I hear thier new song "Marry Me" I well up with emotion and tears! I am a very sensitive woman! And I love my husband so much and this song is so beautiful. I will provide the link to the video.

Lastly, a few weeks ago on Ellen, she had Joshua Radin perform his song, "Today" that he sang at her wedding. Wow, this was the first time I had heard this song and it was so heart felt and beautiful, I cried and I also can't listen to it without crying. But they are tears of joy because I am so happy and blessed that I have found the love of a lifetime! I will give the link for the video too.





                Me and My husband on our wedding day in Oahu, Hawaii, happiest day of my life


Joshua Radin performing "Today" on Ellen:

Train's video for "Marry Me"

18 comments:

  1. My favorite song on that soundtrack is the "You and Me Song".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless you, you romantic person. Hubby hates Valentines' day with passion so i guess I'll not get a card. he did buy me two books last week though for no good reason. When I thanked him he said 'See you don't need Valentine's day' to show you care,' and went outside to clean the car :)
    Enjoy the day...not everyone is an old cynic like my Hubby!
    Thanks for reminding me about Hall and Oats...I'm singing it as I type. The 80's rocked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @George - I LOVE the You and Me Song too so, so much!

    @Facing..Thanks I am a (very) hopeless romantic!! But I think that is a good thing and yes, the 80s were the freaking best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that Joshua Radin has an awesome voice. What a beautiful song. I like VDay too...looking forward to it this year. I hope you have an awesome day...thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you liked it! You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joshua Radin - brilliant. Never heard of him before, so that you for sharing it with us. What a delightful photo of you and your husband on your wedding day! I'm a hopeless romantic, but not my husband I'm afraid. I will have to write a post about that for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much! I am glad that I could share that song - its magic!! Thanks for your kind words about me and Joe, our photographer was incredible! And finally hopeless romantics are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spend hours just looking for the right card too. It just has to be perfect and in my case usually a little silly.But in a sweet way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too Ruth, I always go for a funny card to reflect my silly personality, but on V-day I go for the mushy romantic sometimes, probably because i am a newly-wed. THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING! I will thank you and plug your blog in my next post

    ReplyDelete
  10. we usually give each other 2 cards each on valentine's day. one that's mushy & one that's stupid & funny. because there are usually so many good options.
    you guys look adorable & how happy that you got married in hawaii! i can't tell from the pic, but do his nose hairs mix into his moustache?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love getting 2 cards too! You are so funny! NO Joe doesn't have any nasty nose hairs to mix into his goatee! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for coming by my blog. I want to watch the vids but I just don't have time. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Train so I will come back. I also like Joshua Radin, but I don't think I have heard the song you referenced, so I am totally psyched to hear it. Anyway, love your blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't even notice Valentine's Day usually, but this was an adorable post.~ It even made my frozen heart swell a teeny bit.

    The picture of your husband and you is just too sweet.~

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the post. I did a little something on my blog for tomorrow.
    I love the pic of your wedding day

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Robin - oh you should DEFINITELY watch/listen to this Josh Radin song! Isn't Train so awesome, my favorite album is still thier first though, I love it so much! Thanks for your sweet words!
    @Katsidhe - I am so glad you liked it and thanks so much!
    @Ruth (2) you are so welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice music, although I've never heard of them. Happy V-day!

    ReplyDelete