Tuesday, March 29, 2011

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT! I'M EXPECTING!!

That's right I am preggers, knocked up, bun in the oven, expecting a wonderful miracle of life that is growing so much everyday inside of me! WOW, I have been waiting to write about it FOR WEEKS, but I knew that I should wait until I was a little farther along and I went to the doctors to see how my "little love bug" is doing. Joe and I went to the doctors today and everything is going great. We even got to see the baby and they gave us a picture to take home. It is still very early but we couldn't be more excited and happy!! I have been eluding to this in my previous posts but you my dear follower and readers had no clue. When I was writing about being soo freaking tired and just wanting to sleep the weekend away this was why. When I was writing about how upset I was at people driving erratically and my resulting road rage, this is why.
But now I can turn this blog into my own personal PREGNANCY BLOG! To all my male followers if you are squeamish at subject matters such as vagina's, discharge, boob pain, placenta, or any pregnancy or childbirth related topics, well, you have been warned. Now I can unleash all the experiences that I have been having for the last couple of months. And let me tell you it has not been fun or pretty! Today was fun because I got to see my little angel in there, but it came along with being poked, proded, squeezed and drained of 3 tubes of blood. And for someone who is nauseous ALL the time, this is tough to get thorough.
Here is some of what is going on:

BIONIC WOMAN STRENGTH SENSE OF SMELL!  I feel like I can smell scents that are 50 miles away. This can be a good thing if its delicious food making its way closer to my mouth, but it can be VERY BAD if its stinky like rotting trash or someone's old, nasty perfume or cigarette smoke. UGH, I wish I had a dial and I could turn the sense of smell down a few notches when I am in certain situations. I feel like the Bionic Woman - remember when she could hear things that were miles and miles away? Well I don't remember if she had an incredible sense of smell but I certainly do! They could hire a bunch of crazy pregnant women to hunt down criminals, cause blood hounds ain't got nothing on me right now!


WAVES OF NAUSEA They coined the term "morning sickness" related to pregnancy but it doesn't just come in the morning but rather sticks around all day. I am hoping that I get a break from this when I get to my 2nd trimester, but for now its feeling pretty "green" all day. I am eating Saltine crackers like there is no tomorrow. They help, the constant water drinking helps, but its still there. I have had dizzy spells and those are scary too because you don't want to fall down at all during this time. I am so proud to report that I have not actually tossed my cookies once yet! I have heard horror stories about other women who I know who threw up almost everyday of their ENTIRE pregnancy. I don't think I could take that. I credit my wonderful pre-natal vitamin which I got because I read the many reviews of women who said it helped them conceive and to keep nausea at bay. Its New Chapter Perfect Pre-natal and I highly recommend it. Although, I do have to take separate Calcium and DHA supplements.

FATIGUE, SLEEPINESS, AND DOWNRIGHT EXHAUSTION 
A friend of mine said that it takes the same amount of energy every day to grow a human being as it does to climb a mountain. Well I can attest that I am so freaking tired from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. If I didn't have a full time job, I would probably be taking 2-3 hour naps everyday.  I am almost too tired right now to be typing this blog post. I recently purchased a "Boppy" pregnancy pillow and I am so happy that I did. Not only are you always tired but you can't seem to get comfortable and you have indigestion and gas, its a mess. PLUS, you have to get up about every 2 hours during the night to pee. So then you are even more tired from having your sleep constantly interrupted.

GAS, FARTS, BURPS and MORE GAS    I already have digestive issues as you know since I have written about them before, but now I have CONSTANT gas. I belch and burp repeatedly in the morning when I haven't even had one sip of water or morsel of food.  There are sounds that come from my abdominal region that I didn't know were possible. Plus, sometimes the gas just keeps coming and you have to let it go and then comes the horrendous smell which does not bode well with the constant nausea!! It is also accompanied by constipation so I try to take fiber all the time to keep things flowing, because you don't want to strain cause that leads to the hemmoroids!  EEEK! 


VERY SORE BOOBIES I knew that I would have sore boobs, but WOW this is really bad and they are growing bigger, they are already too big to begin with and now they could get a few cup sizes bigger!! This is going to be a huge struggle for me. I honestly don't know what I am going to do as far as getting bras that will fit and be comfortable. I have done plenty of research already but I live in constant fear that I will be knitting my own very soon. If anyone has advice about good places to big very large bras I would really appreciate it.


But seriously, Joe and I have been blessed and we are so happy and excited and we honestly can't believe it ourselves!! YAY BABY!!!!





20 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Was this a surprise or planned? (You don't have to answer if that's too personal) When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news. Many congratulations to the two of you and, you're right, we didn't pick up on it at all. Try and rest whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you both! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my lord that is just unbelievably wonderful.. So wonderful darlin... I am so excited for you. You are going to be the sweetest mom ever! And I can just see you in your last few months of pregnancy: sitting there knitting bras, instead of booties, and singing to your unborn child all the while adding additional sounds like burping... LOL So adorable!

    Cheers lovely beautiful mother to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting. Congratulations. I was like you in not throwing up at all when pregnant but I had the nausea and OMG the heartburn.
    It is such an wonderful time. Enjoy and let people spoil you

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay, congrats to you, I hope everything goes smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news! I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i had the worst time finding bras too. and then once she was born, the girls got even bigger. motherhood maternity had better choices than other places, but they still were ugly.
    big congrats! i know you're thrilled! enjoy every minute of it. i went through infertility & then finally got pregnant after 2 years. i thought i'd have more than 1, but as it turned out, one's all i'm getting. so make the most of your pregnancy & love every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THanks Everyone!!! I really appreciate all the well wishes and love
    @Katsidhe - the pregnancy was very much planned, we thought we would take a little longer trying to get pregnant but it happened RIGHT AWAY after only one month of trying! And..I am due on my BIRTHDAY!! Nov. 12th, isn't that crazy? I probably won't have the baby that day but when I found that out I am like now this is just too weird, but in an awesome way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gas burps farts that sounds like a guything get-a-way...

    anyway congrats! super congrats!

    i will do my part and drink twice as much so you will never feel like you are missing out on the drinking...

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations! I suffered all of those..but honestly don't remember endless gas! But oh lord, my hoots! Even if the seatbelt touched them I wanted to freak.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome news JD! super happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone for your well wishes and sympathy of understanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your post and congrats. I'm off to the store to buy my beano though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your due date is the same as my daughter's birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete