Thursday, May 5, 2011

Whats Been Going On..

So I am aware I have been pretty neglectful of my blog lately. Between the fatigue of pregnancy and just trying to make it through the work day and keep my eyes open I haven't had much energy or good ideas for writing topics. But today I think there are a few things I could share to give you some updates about what has been going on

1) FUN 2nd Trimester? All my mom friends have been telling me that I should be feeling better by the 2nd trimester. I was hoping so much so too. I told everyone I hoped to feel much better in May. Well here we are May 5th, Happy Cinco De Mayo by the way and I can't say things are much better. I have heard I will have much more energy and lose the horrible nauseousness and sickness. Well I threw up pretty violently on Tuesday morning and same thing on Wednesday morning. I haven't been actually throwing up so far in the pregnancy just plenty of dry heaving most days. So this scares me into thinking that things may be getting a little worse if that is possible. I have also had some sleeping issues which is not cool cause I need every precious minute of sleep at night that I can get between the constant trips to pee. I have also had the pleasure of enjoying acne breakouts, horrible headaches and increased fatigue this week (which I didn't think could increase!) I am about to start week 14 so I really hope that things start to ease up. Joe and I are going to Virginia this weekend. Last time it didn't work out because my nephew had strep and Lord knows that is the LAST THING this preggo lady needs! I am looking forward to seeing my sister and the kids this weekend.

2) Mother to be Mother's Day My in-laws got me my first Mother's Day - Mother to be - card, it was beautiful and so sweet. They are always so thoughtful and that was really nice. I love this baby so much already and I know they are well on their way but its still hard for me to believe I am really finally going to be  a Mommy!!

3) Funny Short Story As many of you know pregnant ladies have plenty of painful indigestion and with that comes plenty of belching and plenty of VERY stinky farts. The other night while we were sleeping, I let a good one rip and Joe woke up out of his slumber and said, "Huh? What?" and I started to crack up and I said, "I didn't say anything, just farted" and he said sleepily, "I thought you said, "dude" ! HAHAHAHA

4) GRATITUDE As much as I complain about the woes of being pregnant, I am SO THANKFUL for all of my many, MANY blessings. My wonderful husband, who I am so in love with and who is quite gorgeous too. And this miracle of life that is growing inside me everyday. It is so amazing and everytime I see that little head on my refrigerator I say a silent Thank You to God for giving me this incredible blessing. My cup overfloweth!!

I heard the song "Kind and Generous" by Natalie Merchant the other day, some people think its called "thank you", its a beautiful song and she has such a pretty and angelic voice. I would like to dedicate it to all those wonderful people who show me so much love and kindness everyday.
The video has a circus theme to it and it made me think of the GREAT book I just finished recently, "Water for Elephants" its out in the movies now and I can't wait to go see it, we are going the weekend after we get back so I will let you know what I think in a future post.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdG618TMc5E

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure things will get better for you as you get further into these middle three months! Dry toast and tea might help...deep breathing too--just throwing out some ideas. So glad all is progressing beautifully---and the sickness is going to be gone SOON! (I'm willing the sickness away for you...LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you said "dude" with your ass.
    that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @EN - Thanks for the good suggestions, I love toast and bagels with cream cheese, thanks for the well wishes and willing the sickness away, I need more of that!
    @Sherilin - what YOU said was funny, I wish I could say dude with my butt, I would put it on you tube, just kidding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was pregnant, I was tired the whole time. So, you may just need to take naps when you can.
    I don't remember any movie I watched with Honeyman cause I always fell asleep.
    That is sweet you got a mommy-to-be card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being pregnant isn't forever, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete