Wednesday, June 22, 2011

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy and estatic to announce that today Joe and I found out that we are having a baby girl. Joe was growing so impatient in the waiting room. Then we got to go back and she quickly told us all that we would be looking for during the ultrasound. They measured and looked at the brain, the spine, the heart, the amount of amniotic fluid, the head, etc. I am so happy and relieved to say everything looked great! Even the position of the placenta which I learned today can also be problematic and "blocking" the exit for the baby.  Wow, we were blown away it was so amazing and fascinating to see the bones and the organs and then we got to see her in 4D!
I was busy searching for that little scrotum and penis, then came the moment of truth, she got right between the legs and told us we have a GIRL!! Thank God, YES!!! Honestly, we DID just want a healthy baby but we REALLY, REALLY wanted a girl.
So Chloe Niccole is doing really well, she was moving around the entire time and sucking her thumb. I sucked my thumb until I was WAAAAAYYY too old, it was a bit of an out of control obsession more than just a habit. We got many pictures that we can't stop staring at. SHE EVEN SMILED in one!! I didn't think that was possible, but there she is smiling away for the camera. I never thought I could be this happy and so, so, very grateful to God for my many blessings. This is a GREAT DAY!!!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Keep your receipts, just in case it's a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good advice but TRUST me I saw ALL the way into her crotch no little Peter or Scrotum!! But I have heard of people thinking it was one thing and it turned out to be the other

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! i know you must be thrilled. no matter what you want, just knowing & being able to name the babe is so thrilling. i wanted a girl & got one too. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sherilin! We wanted to know sooo bad and we wanted a girl so much, so we are estatic! We both got great girls! :)
    Thanks Mynx! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for y'all! I always wanted girls from the time I was a kid and we got FOUR! And daughters are, simply put, the best! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray!!!! I was so happy to have a girl. They always stay close to home.

    ReplyDelete