Wednesday, June 15, 2011

OUCH! Pregnancy really hurts...

Ok, so I have all the books, and I have read them, I actually have 2 "What to Expect When You're Expecting" books. But wow! These past few days have been absolutely brutal and I had to vent about it. I guess I have been so filled with fear and anxiety about the actual birth that I didn't realize the long and painful road that I must travel to get there. On Monday night I had horrible indigestion pains and on top of those I also felt like I had pulled my back out. I am growing ever larger each day and the pressure on my back isn't good. I have tried to take steps to help my back out. I put my feet up whenever I have the chance. I bought a special lumbar support pillow for my chair at work. But Monday night I could barely move the pain was so intense. I couldn't turn over in bed very good, much less get up and down, which is not cool since I have to get up to go the bathroom plenty of times duirng the night. So that was one night of horrible pain and I was forced to stay home from work yesterday because I knew I couldn't come in here feeling like that. But then last night was a whole new set of pains to contend with. There I was in bed with my Boppy pregnancy pillow which supports your body as well as goes between your legs to take some pressure off your poor spine and at 2 am I was woken up by the jabbing, shooting and intense abdominal pains. Thank goodness I have been reading my books that assured me that these were all normal nnd par for the course. But damn they hurt. So I started my deep breathing exercises to try to ease my way through the hour or so that they came and went. I told my co-workers this morning that it feels like there are tiny elves inside my belly with a series of ropes that they pull and yank HARD at random times. It is also very painful if I cough or when I have to bend over or get up out of bed or a chair. WHEW! I know I will get through this but its going to take all the strength in me. I am a very sensitive person and I HATE PAIN. I don't deal well with pain either, obviously. There are other things that make the adventure so interesting and well frankly, terrifying. There is the shortness of breath and rapid heart beat after climbing stairs.There are also random shooting pains runnning through my breasts, I guess in preparation to turn them into milk machines.

 The bottom line is that it is becoming increasingly difficult for me just to function and do the simplest of tasks. I expected that this would happen.....eventually but next week marks the HALF WAY mark through the pregnancy, so I have quite a ways to go! Please pray for me. I am trying so very hard to hang in there.

10 comments:

  1. Some people breeze through pregnancy. They love it, and feel magical and wonderful and serene the whole time. Then, when they've popped the kid out, they'll say to everyone; "oh, I LOOOOVED being pregnant!"

    Then there's me: my back killed and I begged The Man to go out and buy one of those thick mattress pad thingies to make the bed more comfortable. I had a pillow between my arms, and a pillow between my legs every night on my side and STILL couldn't get comfortable. I had to grab hold of my MASSIVE STOMACH every time I rolled over, so it didn't feel like it would just rip off and stay where I'd left it.

    It's hard. Do you take prenatal vits with iron? I'm sure you do...what a stupid question. I hear you. When I was nearly 9 months preggo with my daughter, one day I cried while I tried to tie my shoelaces.

    This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about these pains. I have never heard about this stuff before from my sisters. They always talked about the swelling and back pain but never shared about the sharp pains. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Karen - thanks for the support, I do take prenatal vitamins AND a DHA supplement AND a magnesium AND a calcium supplement, so with my prenatals (3 times a day) that is 6 freaking pills! haha, but I hope they are all working well and I will have a super smart and healthy baby!
    @George - oh aren't you sweet, thanks for the prayers. Its u-g-l-y, just thank your lucky stars EVERY day that you are a man! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also @Karen - we have a sleep number bed and I highly recommned it. It doesn't prevent or stop the back pain but it helps tremendously. I am the kind of person who loves a soft, bouncy bed but I have had to learn that if you have back issues you need the right kind of support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had a bunch of that when i was preg too and toward the end i had heart problems that kept me out of work for the last month. it was kind of nice cuz then i had an excuse to lay around & sleep 16 hrs a day at the end.
    i hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so true what Karen said. I never got the love of being pregnant feeling.
    I remember one time Honeyman and I were taking a walk and I needed to stop and rest and some woman came running out of her house thinking I went into labor. Growing a baby just takes lots of work and it doesn't feel so good.
    Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww sweetie, I am so sorry to hear about all of this... I hope that the pregnancy eases for you darlin! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to be just catching up now, when you're going through this. I'm sending prayers pronto.
    Keep faith and be gentle with yourself.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow thanks ladies!! I really appreciate all the understanding and love and prayers! I know that baby and I will be okay but this week has been downright BRUTAL!! My next post will be positive and great after our big day next Wednesday when we have the sonogram and find out if its a boy or a girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trust me, I do thank God every day that I'm a man.

    ReplyDelete