Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Home Ownership and Beginning the 3rd and Final Trimester

Hey Everyone, I know I don't write too much anymore. I have been so busy as you know. Last Wednesday was jam packed. We went to the doctor's, baby is doing great. Then we went to our walk through and immediately to settlement, then to our old house to move! WHEW!! It was so freaking hot! My husband's poor co-workers sweated completely through their shirts AND their pants. We have been experiencing a TERRIBLE heat wave straight from Hades and it has felt like 100+ degrees most days last week with the heat index. As I have already stated many times, pregnancy and extreme heat Do. Not. Mix!!
Before I start talking about anything that could be taken as negative or complaining, I want to say upfront that Joe and I L-O-V-E our new home. We are so lucky and blesssed to finally be home owners and to have found the deal on this house that we did. Our house is so much bigger and nicer then any place we have lived before. So glad to be free from having to answer to a landlord and not be able to paint or change the house or living space the way we want it to be.
Joe and I were so very exhausted that first night, my feet were hurting, his entire self was over-heated and hurting. But we got the AC cranking in our new house and we have worked tirelessly over the past 5 or so days to get everything unpacked and to find a new spot for everything.
We still want to do so much before she is born. We want to paint the living room and the nursery. I have spent a long time researching non VOC, odorless paint that is safe for pregnant women. I won't be doing any of the actual painting but I am trying to avoid having to stay in a hotel for a night or two, but we will do that too if necessary.
One annoying thing that has happened was that our house wasn't wired for Comcast but it was for FIOS. So when Comcast came out they said they would have to run a new line and it would take a few days. So we have not had internet or cable or any tv since last Wednesday. This has made me realize how great my dependence is on tv and the internet. Its baaaad. Its especially bad now too because of my pregnancy insomnia which leads me to rely on the tv to get me through the sleepless hours. Joe and I must have watched every series we have on DVD and random movie we could think of. We have had plenty to do with getting the house ready but I like to watch tv just for a few minutes when I am eating breakfast before work and I like to watch just a few hours after work. PLUS, and most importantly I have missed my favorite shows like Breaking Bad that just started a brand new season and every episode is so intense and leaves you on a major cliffhanger feeling. Last night we missed Master Chef and I also missed Weeds so Joe and I will have some major catching up to do once they come. I pray that they have it fixed by Thursday. Oh please this preggo lady needs her tv and internet!!! I was also unable to work from home this past Monday which was not good since I had to get up early and add more driving wasting my gas all on the fact that my AC is on for one more day this week.
The pregnancy is going ok, I am a little scared of the final trimester, she is kicking my like crazy everyday, a lot in the bladder which isn't fun. Sleeping and getting up for the bathroom trips is getting more and more difficult. The most distrubing recent event has been the ankle and feet swelling and how much my feet hurt if I stand on them too long. I am so lucky and blessed to have a job where I can sit down 90% of the time. I don't know how women do it in jobs where they are on their feet all day. I really couldn't do it. So the heat (again sorry) is also making the swelling worse. I knew my feet and ankles would begin to swell but I didn't think that would happen until my 8th or 9th month. I can remember my sister's feet looking like swollen sausages, really bad. So here is to more praying for a "manageable" 3rd trimester. I will try to check in periodically. Maybe I will have some funny baby shower stories to come.

5 comments:

  1. Try to stay comfortable these last 13 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put your feet up on a footstool whenever you can. That should help a little bit with the swelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @George - thanks!
    @Ruth - thanks I have a foot rest for work and I have been putting them up on my Ottoman every time I am downstairs, it does help tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my lord woman: my feet swelled like crazy. I have a photy of it somewhere. It was SO uncomfortable. Ah, it will all be so unfortable until the baby comes out. You'll be amazed at how much more comfortable you are. I was super excited to sleep on my back afterward.

    Glad to hear all is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen - I know it is uncomfortable. I like to scream out a lot that I feel like I am turning into the fly!! haha, I will be so relieved when she is on the outside!! I do miss sleeping on my back, sometimes I wake up that way and I know its bad so I curse and then hurl my big self over on the side, kind of like a whale! :) :)

    ReplyDelete