Tuesday, July 12, 2011

There is MUCH goings on..

I am sorry I have been neglecting my blog so badly. I have great excuses, along with being very pregnant and trying to survive the CONTINUING OPPRESIVE HEAT, we are closing on the house in a week and moving. We just got back from the beach yesterday and visiting my family in Delaware. They gave me plenty of presents which Joe and I were so happy to receive, since we haven't had our first baby shower yet and we don't have that much stuff.
A few weeks ago things were rough with the pregnancy. I found out that I was anemic and that I guess was the cause of my rapid heart beating and shortness of breath that I thought was a panic attack or anxiety. I know I have been reporting all about my aches and pains but these were really scary because I thought something may have been wrong with my heart, or breathing or blood pressure. After receiving my blood results, I promptly went out and got an iron supplement and added it to the prenatal vitamins (3 times a day) and calcium, DHA and magnesium supplements I am already taking! My growing belly and ENORMOUS breasts have been a little overwhelming too, my regular clothes are definitely a thing of the past, only a few select items that are very stretchy or long are still able to make it into everyday rotation. And some of my maternity clothes are cute but the belly bands are cumbersome and just make me more hot and sweaty. Its like have a big floppy thick panty hose at the top of your pants.
So I am trying to breathe and make it through the days with my rapidly changing body and my raging hormones.
Right now the house is a sea of boxes and we still have a ton to pack up. I am looking forward to being in our new home, to having our new couch delievered. And to be able to start working on the nursery. 
I have about 4 more months to go until the big day. Counting the weeks of your pregnancy is prettty crazy becaues you are really counting 40 weeks from start to finish which is really more like 10 months and that is a very loooooonnnnngg time!
To all my blogger friends please keep me and Joe and little Chloe Niccole in your prayers we have quite a few weeks to get through. And then for the third and final trimester, DEEEEP BREAAATTHSS!!

8 comments:

  1. I'd say it's all down hill from here, but It doesn't sound like it's getting easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've got a whole big heaping pile on your plate at the moment but it's all good things. having a baby is awesome & getting a new house is wonderful & taking a vacation is the best. you just have to cross over the bumps that get you to the good stuff. btw, did you read my post about my crazy nursing boobs from a couple days ago? it'll give you something exciting to look forward to when your bambino is born. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good move. The four months will pass by before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @George - yeah the 3rd is pretty rough I have heard but at least I will be in my new house with 2 bathrooms! WHEW! And then I get to have the greatest joy my baby girl!

    @Sherilin - thanks for the words of encouragement, you are right they are all great things and I am very blessed and so grateful. I think I did read that one but I will go back and check!

    @Ruth, thanks, I hope so! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had three...count em, three....summer babies. You'd think I would have learned! Let's just say the sweat was not a good time. My first was a girl. I hope all goes well. Happy moving, too! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I was anemic for each one. I know exactly that weird feeling you're talking about. It should get better with the extra supplements. I was so freaked out about everything when i was preggers! I hope it goes smoothly rom here on out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ughhhh....I remember being a million weeks pregnant in the summer. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ladies, the heat has been awful especially the recent heat wave. I am looking forward to September and October so much!!

    ReplyDelete