Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Praying for Time

Life is hard enough, you should have to fight for it with all of your might. Sometimes you do. Joe's best friend, Brian was diagnosed with leukemia and decided to get married over the weekend, on Saturday. It was a beautiful way to spend his last day before entering John Hopkins for his treatment. He and his new bride have a very positive outlook and I am so impressed by his courage and strength. After a very scary time in the hosptal during the birth and recovery, I never want to go back to a hospital ever again. I hate it all so much. I am trying to be strong for my husband who I know is so scared and who is hurting to think of what his best friend has to go through. Please say a prayer for us during this very difficult time.

Two songs that I keep thinking of are "Praying for Time" by George Michael and "Hear my Call" by Jill Scott. Two songs that say all the my heart and soul are feeling right now.

Here is a picture of Joe and Brian before the wedding.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Ua6L-DwVQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtapoGukzCA

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
    That's a bad thing to have to go through.
    I'll send some positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear about the sick friend. i think it's great that they got married all of a sudden. sometimes you need a kick to get you to do what you've been putting off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually are newly engaged so they had to push the wedding way forward and do everything last minute before he went to treatment the next day

      Delete