I have been thinking of this idea of happiness and how we always seem to be chasing this idea. These are some reasons that I think I am happy and no, I am not by any means boasting or bragging. I am stating things that help me to stay positive and sane and of course..happy.
1) I try to keep things simple - this sounds easy and nice but it takes actual work. Life can become overwhelming and complicated but if you try to keep it simple then it will go much easier and smoother.
2) try to purge and constantly get rid of what you don't need, avoid becoming a hoarder!! All you have to do is watch an episode of Hoarders to know how out of control one's life and house can become. Since having a child I have acquired a ton of stuff in a very short time so my house has become a revolving door of things coming in and things going out. You can dontate your stuff to people/causes that desperately need it. Great way to appreciate how much you have and how blessed you really are!
3) I am madly in love with my husband and my little girl. That is it. Funny that most people don't want to be with the person they are with. Why? That seems sad. Maybe too many people want something until its theirs and then they don't want it anymore. That seems vapid and empty. The bottom line is that if you are unhappy change your situation. You can do it, limitation is an illusion. The divorce rate is 50% and marriage isn't sacred anymore. Well it is in my house!
4) I try to have an attitude of gratitude and I know how lucky and blessed I am and I thank God everyday. I am so very blessed to be healthy, to have a wonderful, gorgeous husband who loves me and to have been so blessed to have created a beautiful, happy, heatlhy little girl out of that love.
5) I am very creative and use my humor and wit everyday and apply it to most situations. This world can be a scary and cruel place sometimes you need to use your will, imagination, heart, humor and genius to survive.
6) I realize that I am a work in progress, I still have so much to learn even if I act like I know it all too much of the time.
7) I have a fierce appreciation for beauty. You can find it anywhere and everywhere. Music. Art. A flower. A moving piece of writing. A beautiful photograph. An inspiring movie. A good friend's soul.
8) I like things to be organized and clean (I am still working on this one!!)
9) I know that you have to love yourself before you can love other people. I don't know how many people really love and take care of themselves, its not easy sometimes. Especially when you need to take care of other people and I am learning that now being a parent.
10) I want the truth. I will seek it out and find it and tell it and live it. This is very difficult. It is easier to lie sometimes even to save someone's feelings from being hurt. Or to cover up something you aren't proud of. We ALL lie sometimes.
This is from my life purpse from the Peaceful Warrior's site. You can go to the site http://www.peacefulwarrior.com/ and click on Life Purpose and enter your birthday and read what it says. It is AMAZING!! Now I just have to find a way to have a lucrative career based solely on my creativity!
"Those on the 29/11 life path are here to combine creative energy with higher principles and integrity, finding ways to apply their creativity in service of others, aligned with higher wisdom. Such higher wisdom is revealed by spiritual laws, especially the laws 29/11s are here to live and learn. All 29/11s, along with other double 1s, have tremendous creative potential. But because their primary life purpose represents a kind of mountain to climb, they may not feel as creative as others who aren’t working 1 energy and who have few pressing issues or obstacles in that arena. Some 29/11s are still “stuck” working the 2 or 9 issues that precede the 11, which may block their awareness of the abundant energy available to them. Many 29/11s are extremely creative, but they have trouble handling the energy. Before 29/11s can open the floodgates of their inborn creative potential, they have to find themselves — their center, identity, balance, and boundaries. 29/11s display extraordinary potential; when they face their issues with awareness and commitment, they are among the most creative people on the planet. The energy of 2 entails a form of cooperation with others, and 29/11s are born to support humanity in ways both large and small. Whether businesspeople or healers, construction workers or hairdressers, mail clerks or athletes, they have the potential to bring the spark of creativity to life through their work, their hobbies, or their family life."