Friday, March 2, 2012

My Soap Box rant

As most of you know I am a big liberal but I am also a feminist. I am a supporter of love, kindness, women's rights, common sense. I want civil rights for ALL human beings. That means ALL!!! No matter what race or sexual orientation. Here are some things that have been on my mind lately:

1) Women should be raised to love themselves unconditionally, no matter what size or shape
2) I love Dove's campaign for real beauty that celebrates the way "real" women look
3) I love Ellen Degeneres, I love what she stands for I love her comedy, I love how much she loves others, I love that she helps others so much.
4) I recently found out that the Superman comic came out with an edition that supported civil rights and taught kids it was wrong to hate. I love this concept. Reaching kids and showing that their superhero that they emulate, believes in WHAT IS RIGHT!!!
5) I believe in using your mind and valuing intelligence is something that is being lost in our society. It isn't cool to be "dumb" or "mean" and this is something that I will teach my daughter over and over again. It is COOL to be smart and to love books and ultimately knowledge is power!
6) I saw a bumper sticker that says "I am already against the next war" - I love this so much. And a friend of mine posted a sign on his page that said, "They lied to us about Iraq and they are lying to us about Iran" - yes, yes they are!
7) this is an election year and the war between "right wing" and "left wing" people is boiling over. You know I am a big liberal. I support Obama. I always have and always will!
8) I have been watching some very disturbing "conspiracy" theory videos about Chemtrails and 9/11. Lets just say the truth is MUCH STRANGER and SHOCKING than fiction and I will always seek out the truth about anything.
9) in one of these videos Prince, (whom I love) was saying that there were like 8 presidents before George Washington. Just more proof that we were fed a bunch of crazy lies when we were kids about this country's history.
10) This recent crap about not letting women testify in the hearings about women's access to contraception is completlety unacceptable and makes me so furious I can't even see straight! We have to stand up for our rights as women. We make the world go round. We are the smarter sex. No women, no more humans! REMEMBER?! Yet, we live in a man's world and a group of old, white men are supposedly in charge of deciding what we can and can't do with our bodies? HELL NO! All of my doctors are women and I go to them because I know they understand a woman's body more than a man and they LISTEN and they care more than a man. Sorry men, I love you but you have a bad track record with me. Women are abused, taken for granted, beaten, raped, disrespected, in some areas of the world they are set on fire because their husbands "suspect" they are unfaithful and that is completely accepted there. We are brain washed to believe we need to be skinny and "pretty" to be loved. I am going to be the change I want to see in the world (Ghandi quote). I am here to say, NO! We are wonderful, loving, funny, filled with love. We take care of men, raise the children and the next generation. So be good to women everywhere! ALL THE TIME!!!!

That is enough of my soap box rant for now. I could go on and on all day. And I will, just later! HAHA


3 comments:

  1. I love those Dove commercials too darlin.. I think your rant, is a very good reminder to the rest of us xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The government and lying go very much together, sadly.
    I am with Tracy. Rant away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have just received the versatile blogger award. Come on over and pick it up.
    http://ruth-welcometome.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-just-received-this-fabulous-award.html

    ReplyDelete