Friday, April 6, 2012

The Return of Free for All Fridays

So I have been on a way too serious tip lately. And while that inner soul searching and quest for peace in this cruel world continues, I thought I would try to lighten things up a bit. I have a very busy two weekends ahead of me and I am exhausted. This weekend is Easter and Passover. Next weekend my sister comes with the kids. I am trying to remain calm and relaxed, all I want to do is take a nap.
So happy Easter and happy Passover.
I will share somethings I think are cool..

1) I love JcPenney's new prices - everyone should do this. No more 14.99 or 6.99, it is just 14 or 6
2) I love that I was raised Catholic and my husband is Jewish and it didn't stop us for one second from being able to coexisit and mutally respect one another's beliefs or traditions. We celebrate both holidays throughout the year and yes this gets tiresome because its always some holiday coming up..
3) I think as a world we all need to go back to basics and use common sense, seems like that has been lost
4) the best things in life aren't things!
5) I am going to try my damndest to get to happy hour later, I may pass out on the way in from being too tired




12 comments:

  1. Co-exist. What a fantastic concept. The school where I work has that same sign and I think I got most of them...
    C-Islam, O-Peace, E-Men and Women, X-Judaism, I-?, S-?, T-Christianity.
    What's 'I' and 'S'?
    Please excuse my ignorance. I'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every letter has a symbol that represents a system of thought: The crescent and star for Islam; the pentagram for Wicca; the relativity formula for science; the star of David for Judaism; the Karma Wheel dotting the i for Buddhism; the Tao symbol for Taoism; the cross for Chrisitianity.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ruth!! I knew most of them but I couldn't say all at once off the top of my head

      Delete
    3. i put a picture up as well but its small - you can just google the symbol meanings they also said the E is for Science for E=mc squared

      Delete
  2. Sadly the weeds of stupidity have taken over the garden of common sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is great - did you make that up or is that a saying? you couldn't be more right and the fact that everyone is so unconscious too busy on their I-phone or I-pad or facebook or e-reader or video game.. and I say this and I am guilty of it too

      Delete
    2. pretty cool Ruth! I would frame it and put it on my wall!

      Delete
  3. The Coexist badge is just perfect. The world would be such a better place if we could just accept each others differences instead of fearing them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your five things. In fact, I think we would all be happier if we sat around thinking about the things we love instead of the things that annoy us, etc. Focus really is everything. And I think we all tend to allow our focus to shift to the negative too often. I am grouping myself in with everyone else here, because I think the whole world is guilty of this at some time or another. It is a conscious choice to look at the things that make us happy. That is what separates the happy people from the unhappy ones. It really isn't a big "secret." LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, I used to get mad when people said Happiness is a choice and now at this point in my life I understand why. you should read my happiness post :)

      Delete